- Residential Non-payment Proceedings
- Residential Holdover Proceedings
- Commercial Non-Payment & Holdover Proceedings
- Supreme Court Litigation
Jonathan B. Schreier is a partner in the Firm's litigation department, primarily handling commercial and residential landlord/tenant matters. He regularly appears in Civil Court and Housing Court for non-payment and holdover proceedings. He negotiates and prepares stipulations with opposing parties and/or their counsel, argues motions and conducts trials.
His experience also includes heavy motion practice, including drafting and opposing motions for summary judgments, legal fees, and discovery, as well as motions to strike answers. Mr. Schreier prepares subpoenas of witnesses as well as numerous city agencies such as HPD, NYCHA, DHCR.
Mr. Schreier also serves as a member of the NYCBA Housing Court Committee.
- Verona Wine Bar Inc. vs. 353 West 20th Street - (August 1, 2016) - Tenant's Yellowstone injunction application was denied as it failed to provide proof of insurance coverage, a non-curable default and the lease provided for waiver of injunctive relief, which clause should be upheld.
- 1650 Realty Associates LLC v. Ibrahim Sasoun and "Jane Doe" - This was a decision of the Appellate Term Second Department upholding the grant of summary judgment in a failure to renew proceeding. The tenant did not sign the renewal during the cure period and was evicted. The appellate court found there was no admissible evidence submitted to oppose the motion.
- 274 Madison v. Ramsundar, (March 3, 2016) - In this case, the client was granted summary judgment on a breach of lease/guaranty action and included Debtor/Creditor Law causes of action as well.
- 191 St. Assoc. LLC v Cruz - (February 8, 2016) Landlord appeals from an order of the Civil Court of the City of New York, New York County (Anne Katz, J.), entered April 28, 2014, which conditionally granted tenant's motion to stay execution of the warrant of eviction in a nonpayment summary proceeding. Court reversed lower court holding tenant's stipulation rent default not curable.
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2012
- Touro College
- B.A. - 2008
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Dean’s List
- New York, 2013
- New York State Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers’ Association, Member
- NYCBA Housing Court Committee, Member
Current Employment Position
Classes & Seminars
- Mr. Schreier addressed the topic “Settling L&T Cases and Drafting Settlement Agreements”, at the New York Association of Realty Managers (NYARM) Expo on December 6, 2016.