Brian D. Graifman
Mr. Graifman practices in our Supreme Court Litigation Division, handling all actions and matters in law and equity, including those affecting real property and landlord/tenant disputes.
Mr. Graifman’s 30-year background includes serving as Law Clerk to Hon. Roger J. Miner at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and successfully litigating Wall Street and business dispute matters, of which many were landmark cases against regulators.
Mr. Graifman is active at the New York County Lawyers Association (NYCLA), where he is immediate past Co-Chair of the state Supreme Court Committee and co-hosts an annual reception for new, appointed, re-elected and elevated judges, serves on the Board of NYCLA Foundation, and is a member of the Federal Courts Committee and Appellate Courts Committee. At the N.Y. City Bar Association, he serves on the Judiciary Committee, where he previously served from 2013 to 2016, rating judges, and previously was on the Committee on State Courts of Superior Jurisdiction.
- New York Law School – 1988
- New York – 1988
- New York County Lawyers’ Association
- Federal Courts Committee and Appellate Courts Committee
- New York City Bar Association
- Board of Managers of Village Mall at Hillcrest Condominium v. Banerjee (Sup. Ct. Queens County Dec. 22, 2016). Court granted summary judgment to Board, ordering unit holder to remove balcony enclosure that had been in place since 1979. Court relied on business judgment rule and on board resolution the firm assisted in drafting. Senior Partner Eric M. Goidel served as Board’s counsel, and Senior Partner David R. Brody and Counsel Brian D. Graifman litigated.
- Mondrow Art 78 v. NYC DHPD (December 15, 2016) In this case argued by Mr. Brian Graifman, Court denied Tenant’s petition to overturn DHCR’s determination not to vacate the Certificate of No Harassment issued to our client.
Mr Graifman co-authored the article ” Landlords still at risk for hosts’ illegal Airbnb rentals“, New York Real Estate Journal, March 7, 2017.
Mr. Graifman co-authored the article Hosts Now Liable for Advertising Illegal Airbnb Rentals, But Landlords Still Within Enforcement Cross-Hairs, which was published in The Mann Report, March 2017 .
Mr. Graifman was quoted in The New York Law Journal on January 9, 2015, Commercial Division Takes Strong Stance Favoring Sanctions for ‘Dilatory Tactics’. (access available to NYLJ subscribers)
- Commercial Division Takes Strong Stance Favoring Sanctions for ‘Dilatory Tactics’. Mr . Brian D. Graifman, Counsel in The Firm’s Supreme Litigation Division, was quoted in Commercial Litigation Insider on January 7, 2015.
- October 10, 2014 – Panic over ‘ Branic’? Shelter Occupant Entitled to Rent-Stabilized Lease, written by Senior Partner David Rosenbaum and Counsel Brian Graifman, was featured in The New York Law Journal.