Brian D. Graifman
Mr. Graifman practices in our Supreme Court Litigation Division, handling all actions and matters in law and equity, including those affecting real property and landlord/tenant disputes.
Mr. Graifman’s 30-year background includes serving as Law Clerk to Hon. Roger J. Miner at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and successfully litigating Wall Street and business dispute matters, including landmark cases against regulators.
Mr. Graifman is active at the New York County Lawyers Association (NYCLA), where he is immediate past Co-Chair of the state Supreme Court Committee and co-hosts an annual reception for new, appointed, re-elected and elevated judges, serves on the Board of NYCLA Foundation, and is a member of the Federal Courts Committee and Appellate Courts Committee. At the N.Y. City Bar Association, he serves on the Judiciary Committee, where he previously served from 2013 to 2016, rating judges, and previously was on the Committee on State Courts of Superior Jurisdiction.
- New York Law School – 1988
- New York – 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court – 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit – 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit – 2006
- U.S. District Court, S.D.N.Y. – 1990
- U.S. District Court, E.D.N.Y. – 1990
- U.S. District Court, D. Conn. – 1992
- New York County Lawyers’ Association
- Federal Courts Committee and Appellate Courts Committee
- New York City Bar Association
- Mr Graifman co-authored the article ” Landlords still at risk for hosts’ illegal Airbnb rentals“, New York Real Estate Journal, March 7, 2017.
- Mr. Graifman co-authored the article Hosts Now Liable for Advertising Illegal Airbnb Rentals, But Landlords Still Within Enforcement Cross-Hairs, which was published in The Mann Report, March 2017 .
Mr. Graifman was quoted in The New York Law Journal on January 9, 2015, Commercial Division Takes Strong Stance Favoring Sanctions for ‘Dilatory Tactics’. (access available to NYLJ subscribers)
- Commercial Division Takes Strong Stance Favoring Sanctions for ‘Dilatory Tactics’. Mr . Brian D. Graifman, Counsel in The Firm’s Supreme Litigation Division, was quoted in Commercial Litigation Insider on January 7, 2015.
- October 10, 2014 – Panic over ‘ Branic’? Shelter Occupant Entitled to Rent-Stabilized Lease, written by Senior Partner David Rosenbaum and Counsel Brian Graifman, was featured in The New York Law Journal.