Patricia L. Feldman
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Feldman served as in-house counsel to a NYC real estate management and development company. Prior thereto she was in private practice where she gained extensive experience in real estate litigation, with a focus on commercial and residential landlord/tenant litigation, leasing and real estate transactions.
Recent Notable Decisions:
- Dannick Realty LLC v. Flor Latina, Inc., (June 26, 2019) In this commercial holdover proceeding wherein this firm, represented the property owner, the Court granted summary judgment in favor of the property owner. The Court ruled that the tenant’s failure to continuously maintain insurance in accordance with the lease requirements constituted an incurable lease default.
- Fifth Partners, LLC v. Privco Media, LLC, (November 7, 2018) Landlord granted summary judgment against commercial tenant awarding both a possessory and money judgement as well as finding the Landlord as the prevailing party entitled to legal fees. The court dismissed all of tenant’s affirmative defenses and counterclaim including a challenge to the rent demand actual/partial eviction defense.
- 82nd Jackson Heights LLC, v. Pretty Girl of 82nd Jackson Heights Corp. d/b/a/ Young Girl, (February 13, 2018) In this commercial non-payment wherein this firm represented the property owner, the court granted summary judgment in favor of the property owner. The owner was granted a money judgement of over $55,000 plus legal fees. The Court ruled that the tenant’s defense lacked merit, particularly the defense that the court could not proceed against the corporation where the corporate president had died.
- Commercial Non Payment & Holdover Proceedings
- Yellowstone Injunctions
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D. 1983
- Wellesley College, B.A. – 1980
- New York, SDNY and EDNY – 1984