Carla M. Seals
Carla M. Seals is a partner who has represented some of the Firm’s major clients. She is a skilled trial attorney and a strong litigator. She delves into facts with fresh insight and finds a way to win. She has successfully handled a series of precedent setting cases.
Ms. Seals has also successfully negotiated complex cases ranging from rent strikes to complicated holdovers and non-payments, rent overcharge issues, succession, nuisance, demolition and non-primary residence cases.
She has also litigated cases in various agencies including the Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR).
As a member of the Judiciary Committee for the Association for the City of New York, Ms. Seals participated in the evaluation of those seeking appointed and elective office. She continues to participate in the process as a subcommittee member. She has also been a Panel Administrator for the Judicial Screening Panel in New York City.
- Residential Holdover Proceedings
- Residential Non-Payment Proceedings
- Commercial Non-Payment & Holdover Proceedings
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D.- 1984
- St. Francis College, B.A. (magna cum laude) – 1981
- New York – 1986
- U.S. District Court, Southern District – 1995
- United States Supreme Court – 1994
- American Bar Association
- Association of Arbitrators
- Association of Real Estate Women (AREW)
- Cafecitos Network
- Judges and Lawyers Breast Cancer Alert (JALBCA)
- Judiciary Committee Class, 2001
- New York City Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers’ Association