Darren R. Marks
Work email: Dmarks@borahgoldstein.com
Direct Dial Telephone: ( 917)-482-3593
Main number: (212) 431-1300 x622
Darren R. Marks is a Partner in the Supreme Court division. Mr. Marks focuses on litigating in the New York State and Federal Courts and before various administrative agencies. Mr. Marks periodically serves as a court-appointed receiver, referee, fiduciary and small claims arbitrator.
Mr. Marks is the immediate past President of the Lexington Democratic Club, and the founding President of the Small Claims Arbitrators Association. Mr. Marks is an active member of the New York County Lawyers Association, serving on the Judiciary Committee and Civil Court Committee. Mr. Marks has been recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine for the New York City metropolitan area as a Rising Star (under 40) for the years 2013 through 2017.
- Touro Law Center, JD – 2006
- California State University, BA Economics – 2002
- New York
- New Jersey
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, Southern District
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District
- U.S. District Court, Western District
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, New Jersey
- Association of Small Claims Arbitrations
- Federal Bar Association
- Jewish Lawyers Guild
- New York City Lawyers’ Association, Member
- Lexington Democratic Club, President
- Real Estate Board of New York
- Downtown Alliance
- Democratic Party of New York County, Judicial Nominating Convention
- NYCLA Part 137 Attorney-Client Fee Dispute Resolution, Arbitrator
- Trinity’s Services and Food for the Homeless, Pro Bono Attorney
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, Pro Bono Attorney
- Friday, August 22, 2014 – ” Firm Starts Legal Clinic at City Food Pantry“, Darren R. Marks is quoted on founding of Pro Bono legal clinic in “New York Law Journal”.
- June, 2014 – Recognized as a “Rising Star Under 40” by Super Lawyers Magazine.
- Tuesday September 23, 2014 – “The New York Real Estate Journal” features press release announcing the Firm’s pro bono project “” Borah Goldstein founds community-based pro bono clinic with Trinity’s Services and Food for the Homeless”. Firm Partners Darren M. Marks and Robert D. Goldstein are quoted
- Wednesday, November 13, 2013 – Darren R. Marks participated in a panel for the New York County Lawyers’ Association. The program, “So You’re Interested in a Career in Politics: Opportunities and Ethical Considerations for Lawyers”, provided CLE credits for attorneys.
Mr. Marks presented a CLE class in July 2015 to the Civil Court of The City of New York – Association of Arbitrators, Inc. See the slides here.