Robert D. Goldstein
Robert D. Goldstein, Managing Partner, is one of the founding partners of the Firm. In addition to his management duties, he is one of the firm’s premier litigators in both the Civil and Supreme Courts.
Mr. Goldstein has sat on the boards of the Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP), the Neighborhood Preservation Political Action Committee and Landlord-Tenant Civil Court Committees of the New York County Lawyers’ Association, as well as Associated Builders and Owners. He was appointed twice to the Housing Court Advisory Council, the body that selects new housing court judges. He also has been appointed twice to the Nassau County Rent Guidelines Board.
Mr. Goldstein has been a guest lecturer at programs sponsored by the Office of Court Administration, the Rent Stabilization Association and other industry trade organizations.
Mr. Goldstein has been the lead counsel on the following important cases:
- Langham Mansions LLC v. DHCR , 76 A.D. 3d 855 (1 st Dep’t 2010). Reversed DHCR determination permanently excluding five apartments from MCI rent increase due to allegedly defective windows on the ground that DHCR offered no reason to depart from its stated policy to suspend the collection of the increase for the affected apartments under the condition it is remedied in such instances.
- 315 E. 72 nd Street Owners Inc. v. Siegel , 22 Misc.3d 10 (App. T. 1 st Dep’t 2008). Succession rights denied to the grandson of a deceased rent stabilized tenant where the grandson had resided with his parents in Florida, returned to New York prior to commencing college in New York, resided in campus housing while in college and stayed in his grandmother’s apartment shortly before starting college and during breaks and occasional weekends.
- Vance v. Century Apartment Assocs. , 61 N.Y.2d 716 (1984). Established that subletter must demonstrate an intent to return.
- Residential Non-Payment Proceedings
- Residential Holdover Proceedings
- Commercial Non-Payment & Holdover Proceedings
- Administrative Law
- Supreme Court Litigation
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D. – 1974
- City College of the City of New York, B.A. – 1970
- New York – 1975
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District – 1988
- U.S. District Court, Southern District – 1988
- District of Columbia – 1991
- New York County Lawyers’ Association
- Proud member of Chip and RSA