The Firm employs experienced paralegals in the non-payment, holdover, and warrant departments, who will guide your summary proceeding from its commencement to its completion. They are well trained in preparing the documents needed for your case to be resolved. While they cannot provide legal counsel, they maintain a close working relationship with the lead attorney on your account.
You are never expected to call us to find out your next move – we keep track of all the steps involved.
If a landlord brings a case against a tenant because of nonpayment of rent, we take the following course of action to begin a summary proceeding:
- We monitor the court date and keep you informed with ample notice;
- We promptly prepare the required paperwork to issue a warrant, and monitor all necessary steps to complete the military investigation;
- We promptly make the request for the warrant on your behalf to the New York City Marshall;
- Once the warrant is issued, we arrange the eviction date for you with the Marshall, and if necessary we can also promptly arrange for a mover on your behalf.
If a non-payment or holdover proceeding results in a settlement, we take the following steps:
- We monitor due dates for payment and/or departure by tenant.
- We will call promptly to confirm whether there has been compliance with the agreement so the next step can be taken promptly.
You have access to your case at all times through the use of Client Account. Your attorney will provide you with a username and password, and you can check the status of your case twenty-four hours a day. The paralegals in the following departments can provide further information on your case*:
(212) 431-1300, ext 586
Eviction & Warrant Department
*This information is not intended as legal advice and does not take the place of speaking with the principal attorney on your case.