- Administrative Proceedings
- Certificates of No Harassment
- Rent Regulatory Compliance
- Human Rights
- Due Diligence
Robin Bernstein became of counsel to the firm in the fall of 2020.
Ms. Bernstein is the former Deputy Counsel to the Rent Stabilization Association of N.Y.C., Inc. (RSA), New York City's largest real estate trade organization whose 25,000 members own or manage over 900,000 apartments. Ms. Bernstein served as Deputy General Counsel for 23 years.
During her tenure at RSA Robin Bernstein was involved in many programs and policy initiatives. Ms. Bernstein created RSA's seminar/webinar program and produced materials and moderated over 40 seminars and webinars on topics including the following: DHCR proceedings, Housing Court, New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD), the City's Energy Laws, the Housing Stability Tenant Protection Act of 2019, Due Diligence as well as major decisions affecting rent regulated property in the City most recently Regina Metropolitan.
Ms. Bernstein worked on compliance issues with City agencies.
She also drafted RSA's rent stabilized leases and annual safety notices. Ms. Bernstein worked closely with the General Counsel on various matters involving DHCR and outside litigation.
Ms. Bernstein is a member of the New York Bar Association and the New York County Lawyers Association. Ms. Bernstein was a member of the Association of Corporate Counsel New York City Chapter for over twenty years.
Prior to her position at RSA, Robin Bernstein was general counsel to a real estate company in the Bronx and in private practice in real estate litigation and transactions.
Ms. Bernstein is also a certified Katonah Yoga Teacher and participant in Mindful on Wall Street a collaboration of mindfulness champions in the financial services industry.
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Huntington, New York
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- B.A. - 1981
- New York, 1986
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1987
- New York Bar Association, Member
- New York County Lawyers Association, Member
- Association of Corporate Counsel New York City Chapter, Member