Protecting The Rights Of Property Owners In Bankruptcy Matters
The bankruptcy division of Borah, Goldstein, Altschuler, Nahins & Goidel, P.C., protects the rights of owners (as creditors) when the tenant debtor has filed a Chapter 11, Chapter 13 or Chapter 7 petition in the Bankruptcy Court.
The services our lawyers provide to clients include:
- Preparing, filing and litigating monetary claims for rents and additional charges owed under a lease
- Preparing and prosecuting motions to vacate the automatic stay
- Negotiating lease rejections and assumptions and/or assignments
- Defending or prosecuting adversarial proceedings that arise in the context of a bankruptcy proceeding
- Attending meetings of creditors
- Handling enforcement and collections of actions
- Applying for the appointment of trustees or examiners
- Answering bankruptcy-related questions for our clients
If you have a tenant who has declared bankruptcy, we will take the time to provide you with detailed guidance about the steps you need to take to ensure that your interests are protected. This can be a very complicated set of circumstances, and our experienced lawyers will help you understand all the options available to you at this time.
Excellent Skill And Excellent Service
With a team of 50 lawyers, we have the ability to provide outstanding responsiveness to our clients’ needs. Our devoted personal service, combined with our high caliber of skill, makes us unique among New York’s many real estate firms. We take pains to extend high-level counsel to a broad range of clients, from large businesses to private firms.
Talk To A Member Of Our Team Today
Should you find yourself needing representation in a bankruptcy case involving one of your tenants, please call our firm at 855-720-2776 or send us an email to arrange a time to speak to one of our lawyers. We represent clients throughout the five boroughs of New York City.