Protecting The Rights Of Property Owners In Bankruptcy Matters
The Bankruptcy division of Borah, Goldstein, Altschuler, Nahins & Goidel, P.C., protects the rights of owners (as creditors) when the tenant debtor has filed a Chapter 11, 13 or 7 petition in the Bankruptcy Court.
The services our lawyers provide to clients include:
- Preparing, filing and litigating monetary claims for rents and additional charges owed under a lease
- Preparing and prosecuting motions to vacate the automatic stay
- Negotiating lease rejections and assumptions and/or assignments
- Defending or prosecuting adversarial proceedings that arise in the context of a bankruptcy proceeding
- Attending meetings of creditors
- Applying for the appointment of trustees or examiners
- Answering bankruptcy-related questions for our clients
If you have a tenant that has declared bankruptcy, we will take the time to provide you with detailed guidance about the steps you need to take to ensure your interests are protected. This can be a very complicated set of circumstances, and our experienced attorneys will help you make understand all of the options available to you at this time.
Talk To A Member Of Our Team Today
Should you find yourself needing representation in a bankruptcy case involving one of your tenants, please call our firm at 212-431-1300 or send us an email to arrange a time to speak to one of our lawyers. We represent clients throughout the five boroughs of New York City.