1. Home
  2.  » Judgment Enforcement And Collections

Helping Clients With Collections And Enforcement Of Judgments

After a successful action against a tenant, you need to make sure that you are able to recover the compensation that you are entitled to receive as a result of the judgment, or have the order issued by the court enforced. Tenants may try to avoid the orders entered by the courts, or make it difficult for you to obtain the money that you are owed.

Borah Goldstein has attorneys who have extensive experience in enforcing money judgments obtained in summary proceedings, Civil Court proceedings and Supreme Court actions. Services offered include:

  • Locating bank accounts of the judgment debtor
  • Restraining bank accounts of the judgment debtor
  • Garnishing the wages of the judgment debtor
  • Conducting supplementary proceedings at which the debtor is examined in order to reveal the location of assets
  • Commencing contempt proceedings against a recalcitrant debtor

Where a money judgment has not been already obtained, we will attempt to locate and serve the tenant with necessary process in order to obtain a money judgment in a plenary action maintained in either the Civil or Supreme Court.

Attorneys Who Can Help You Protect Your Interests

Our lawyers have worked with landlords and property across New York City in disputes with tenants. To learn what we can do to help with your case, we invite you to call us at 855-720-2776 or send us an email to arrange a time that works for you.