PUBLICATIONS, NEWS & EVENTS – 2019
There are three more rules guaranteed to keep co-op and condo boards-and their property managers and attorneys. For the full article click here.
Stephen Shulman, Senior Partner and head of the firm’s Residential and Commercial Holdover/Non-Payment Proceeding division, exhibited at the REAL DEAL SHOWCASE New York. Partner Jeffrey Seiden, Darren Marks, Craig A.Kraus, Anna Guiliano, and Associate Sarah Fiona Phillips, Neha Chopra, and Tony Tsenesidis participated.(May 15, 2019)
Eric M. Goidel, Senior Partner and head of the firm’s coop & condo division, exhibited at the Cooperator Expo New York. Partner Craig A.Kraus, Michael Nerenberg, Anna Guiliano, and Associate Brandon James and Andrew Bart participated. (April 11, 2019)
PUBLICATIONS, NEWS & EVENTS – 2018
MEMO/PUBLICATION: Proprietary Leases: Make Sure Old Rules Don’t Tie Your Hands (January 2018), Habitat University
Author: Eric M. Goidel, Senior Partner
The section of the proprietary lease dealing with termination of the proprietary lease is one of the most important sections. It gives a board of directors the ability to evict and foreclose upon a shareholder who is not complying with the proprietary lease. Many proprietary leases were drafted 40 to 50 years ago. They have not necessarily kept pace with the times, with changes in laws, or with how the court system now deals with landlord-tenant issues. For the full article click here.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT: What You Need to Know About the Tenant Harassment Laws (February 28, 2018), CHIP
Partner David Cabrera, will be serving as panelist during CHIP’s seminar on tenant harrasment laws. David will discuss new laws in NYC that necessitate changes to “tenant harassment” provisions, including stiffer penalties, the award of damages, apartment conditions, business practices, and more intense government oversight.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT: What Every Attorney Should Know about the Loft Law (February 28, 2018), NYSBA
Partner David Brody will co-present the New York State Bar Association’s (NYSBA) February 28 program titled, “ What Every Attorney Should Know about the Loft Law.” This program will highlight the Loft Law and related proceedings before the Loft Board and the Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings (OATH). Paul Gruber is Chairman of the Landlord and Tenant Committee and led the organization of this program. Borah Goldstein Partner Jason Frosch, and associates Kathleen Kelliher and Kacey Sou assisted in preparing the program. For more information please click here.
On January 8, 2018, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio approved Local Law 33 of 2018, the latest initiative to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and increase the energy efficiency of large and mid-sized buildings. For the full article click here.
PUBLICATIONS, NEWS & EVENTS – 2017
RANKINGS: Borah Goldstein Ranked New York City Top Real Estate Law Firm (October 2017), The Real Deal
Borah Goldstein has been ranked by the Real Deal Magazine as one of NYC’s Top Real Estate Law Firms for 2017.
PUBLICATION: Borah Goldstein Senior Partner, Eric Goidel Authors Director Protector Memo (October 2017)
RANKINGS: Partners Glenn Berezenskiy, Darren M. Marks and Craig M. Notte were selected for inclusion to New York Metro Super Lawyers 2017.
PUBLICATION: Expediting Recovery of Accelerated Rents From Commercial Lease Guarantor, by partner Joseph I. Farca, was published in the Outside Counsel section of New York Law Journal, September 19, 2017.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT: Protect Interests When Leasing Mixed-Use Space, partner Craig Kraus’ recent presentation to New York County Lawyers Association featured in The Commercial Lease Law Insider, August 8, 2017.
PUBLICATION: Recent Decision Limits Liability of Condo Sponsor’s Principal by partner Joseph I. Farca was published in the Outside Counsel section of New York Law Journal, August 4, 2017.
MEMO/PUBLICATION: First Department Expands the Right to License Fees Under RPAPL §881, by partner Craig M. Notte was published in the Outside Counsel section of New York Law Journal, June 26, 2017.
MEMO/PUBLICATION: The New York Real Estate Journal announced associate Christopher D. Warren joining firm, June 22, 2017.
MEMO/PUBLICATION: David R. Brody and Jason M. Frosch sent this URGENT MEMO to New York’s Loft community regarding proposed changes to the Loft Law, June 15, 2017.
MEMO/PUBLICATION: Partner Eileen O’Toole’s recent presentation on rent regulation caselaw at a Civil Court Committed program was summarized in the New York Women’s Bar Association Newsletter, June 2017.
MEMO/PUBLICATION: The Cooperator New York: Appointments & Transitions features Christopher D. Warren, May 2017.
MEMO/PUBLICATION: Q&A: Accessing Complaint Documents When a Co-op Is in Litigation , Eric Goidel, partner and head of firm’s Co-op and Condo practice addresses shareholders’ rights in this situation in The Cooperator New York”. May 2017.
MEMO/PUBLICATION: Loft Law Occasional Note: David Brody, Head of firm’s Loft Law practice recently sent this memo to New York’s community of Loft owners, May 24, 2017.
MEMO/PUBLICATION: Queens Ledger announced associate Christopher D. Warren joining the firm, May 3, 2017.
MEMO/PUBLICATION: Borah Goldstein Client Alert Newsletter (pdf), sent April 27, 2017
Real Estate Weekly announced associate Christopher D. Warren joining the firm in its Who’s News section, April 21, 2017.
Director Protector Memo: ” Discrimination Based Upon Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder/Sleep Disorder” by Senior Partner Eric M. Goidel, April 17, 2017.
New York Real Estate Journal: Brian Graifman co-authored the article ” Landlords still at risk for hosts’ illegal Airbnb rentals“, March 7, 2017.
Mann Report: Counsel Brian Graifman co-authored the article Hosts Now Liable for Advertising Illegal Airbnb Rentals, But Landlords Still Within Enforcement Cross-Hairs, March 2017.
New York Housing Journal: ” A Victory For Airbnb: Why Owners Should Care” by Partner Jeffrey H. Seiden was published in the February 2017 edition.
Loft Law Occasional Note: LOFT BOARD FINES LANDLORDS FOR UNFILED BUYOUTS, by David R. Brody, January 23, 2017.
Habitat U: Board through a legal Lens. – Senior partner Eric M. Goidel Aging residents and preventitive measures for Coops and Condos (video), January, 2017.
PUBLICATIONS, NEWS & EVENTS – 2016
- Apartment Law Insider: ” Friends Are Chosen, But Neighbors Come with the House”, by partner Craig Notte, December 2, 2016.
- New York Real Estate Journal: ” Borah Goldstein hires eight new attorneys” , December 1, 2016.
- Apartment Law Insider: ” Dealing with Illegal Short-Term Rentals: What New York City Property Managers Need to Know“, video featuring partners Craig Notte and Todd Nahins, November 2016.
- Loft Law Occasional Notes: ” The HP Part of the Civil Court May Not Have Jurisdiction over IMD Cases“, by David Brody. November 11, 2016.
- Habitat Magazine – ” The Importance of Monitoring Aging“,by Senior Partner Eric M. Goidel. November, 2016.
- The Real Deal Magazine lists Borah Goldstein as #8 in “New York City Law Firms with the Biggest Real Estate Practice”, October, 2016.
- Real Estate Weekly – WHO’S NEWS: The latest new hires, promotion, and honors , October 29, 2016.
- New York Law Journal – announces firm arrival of Patricia Feldman , October 18, 2016.
- Apartment Law Insider – ” The Continuing Saga of Illegal Transient Occupancy “, written by Partner Todd Nahins was published
- July 16, 2016.
- The Cooperator -Senior Partner Eric Goidel is featured in the Q&A section where he addresses Condominium by-laws. July, 2016.
- Small Property Owners of New York (SPONY) June/July Newsletter – ” Property Owners’ Stump“, written by partner David Cabrera and associate David Napitupulu.
- Borah Goldstein e-Alert: NEW RENT GUIDELINES – Effective October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017.
- July 1, 2016.
- The Cooperator – Senior Partner Eric Goidel, head of the firm’s Co-op & Condo division, addresses a condo apt. owner’s roof leak neglect problem in the Q&A feature of The May edition.
- Director Protector Memo: ” All Cooperative Boards of Directors, Condominium Boards of Managers & Managing Agents“, Senior Partner Eric M. Goidel sent his client a memo explaining the possible ramifications of a New York State Supreme Court Ruling regarding second hand smoke,
- March 9, 2016
- The Mann Report – The landmark AIRBNB case tried and won by Borah Goldstein and appealed by the tenant, in which the Appellate Term affirmed the lower court in favor of the landlord, is featured in the article ” Court Affirms Courts Decision to Evict Airbnb Host”, February 2016
- The Real Deal – ” Court upholds decision to evict rent-stabilized Airbnb host“. The appellate court upheld a February 2015 decision by Housing Court Judge Jack Stoller to evict tenant. This landmark case, “42nd & 10th Associates LLC V. Henry Ikezi” was tried and won by Borah Goldstein.
- The Cooperator – Senior Partner Eric Goidel is quoted extensively in the article ” Denying Access: Consequences for Arrearsand Non-Payment “, December 2015
- Borah Goldstein’s e-newsletter was sent to clients and contacts, November 2015
- Habitat Magazine – Senior Partner Eric Goidel’s article, ” Eliminating Airbnb from Your Building” is published, November 6, 2015.
- Apartment Law Insider – ” Avoid Triple Damages in Post-Roberts Rent Overcharge Cases“, written by Partner Eileen O’Toole, was published
November 5, 2015.
- Apartment Law Insider – ” Handling Disputes about Animals “, written by Partner Eileen O’Toole, was featured in their special fall edition,
October 30th, 2015.
- New York Real Estate Journal – ” Recovery of Possession: Factors affecting landlords when a tenant passes“, written by Senior Partner Stephen C. Shulman, was published.
October 28, 2015
- New York Law Journal featured the Will of Chin, which was handled by partners Anna Guiliano and Jeffrey Nogee. (available to NYLJ subscribers only).
October 13, 2015
- New York Housing Journal, September 2015 – The article ” Six Years After Roberts Rent-Setting Uncertainty Continues to Loom” featured the case tried and won by partner David Cabrera ” Ten Sheridan Associates LLC v. Lillian Cohen“.
- New York State Real Estate Journal – ” The effect of bankruptcy code on commercial Leases (Part 2)“, written by Partner Jeffrey Chancas, published
September 8, 2015
- The New York Times – Managing Partner Robert Goldstein was quoted in ” Ask Real Estate” section.
September 5, 2015
- The Real Deal Magazine – ranked Borah Goldstein as #10 among NYC law firm with the biggest real estate practices.
September 1, 2015
- New York Law Journal – announces Glenn Berezanskiy joining firm.
August 25, 2015
- New York Real Estate Journal – Announces continued expansion of firm
August 12, 2015
- Real Estate Weekly – Announces the firm’s three newest attorneys in its ” Who’s News” section.
- August 6, 2015
- New York Real Estate Journal Question of the Month section – Features a two part article, with Part 1 contributed by Partner Jeff Chancas, “ What is the effect of bankruptcy code on commercial leases when a tenant files for bankruptcy (Part 1)?”
July 28, 2015
- LOFT LAW OCCASIONAL NOTES: THE LOFT LAW IS RENEWED , by Partner David Brody.
July 1, 2015
- New York Real Estate Journal – Partner Anna Guiliano was recognized in their Women in Real Estate Spotlight. She is profiled in this edition: http://nyrej.com/83518.
June 23, 2015
- LOFT LAW OCCASIONAL NOTES: RENEWAL OF THE LOFT LAW , by Partner David Brody.
June 10, 2015
- The New York Times – Partner Paul Gruber was quoted in the “Ask Real Estate” column in the segment ” Removing an Adult Son From a Rental“.
June 6, 2015
- New York Apartment Law Insider – Partner Adam Cooper’s article ” Terminating Tenancies for Overcrowding” was featured. The article was also disseminated in The Insider’s eAlert newsletter.
May 8, 2015
- Borah Goldstein e-newsletter – Borah Goldstein launches the first edition of our e-newsletter.
May 3, 2015
- The New York Times – Partner Paul Gruber was quoted in the “Ask Real Estate” column in the segment “ A Crowded One Bedroom“.
May 2, 2015
- New York Law Journal – Featured Partner Carlos Perez Hall’s article ” Redrafting Bylaws Highlights Democracy’s Beauty“.
May 1, 2015
- New York Law Journal – Brian Graifman, of our Supreme Court Litigation Division, was featured on page 2 of the New York Law Journal . Brian is Co-Chair of the NYCLA Committee on the state Supreme Court, and was the Luncheon’s Co-Chair.
April 20, 2015
- The Cooperator – Senior Partner Eric M. Goidel is quoted in the article “Management/Board Relations: Who do you call?”.
April 2, 2015
- New York Housing Journal – Senior Partner Todd I. Nahins’ article, “ Owners Can Have Success Against Illegal Occupancies“was published.
April 2, 2015
- New York Law Journal – NY Great Stone Inc. Plaintiff v. Two Fulton Square LLC, Defendant, 17762/2014. The decision summary for this significant Yellowstone case, handled by Senior Partner David R. Brody and Partner Joseph Farca, was featured.
April 1, 2015
- New York Apartment Law Insider – Partner Craig Notte’s article “ Can Condo Boards Enforce the NYC Pet Law?” is featured.
March 6, 2015
- New York Law Journal – Featured a landmark case won by Borah Goldstein, ” Judge Rules Rental of Unit on Airbnb was Profiteering“.
February 26, 2015
- Real Estate Weekly – Partner Jeffrey Seiden’s article ” Owner’s armed to fight back against Airbnb“, was published.
February 25, 2015
- Crain’s New York – References landmark Airbnb case won by Borah Goldstein in the article ” Airbnb foes, Related delight in first site-related eviction“.
February 23, 2015
- The Real Deal – Senior partner Todd Nahins’ comments on Airbnb landmark win featured in ” Attorney who won landmark eviction case is flooded with queries from landlords“.
February 21, 2015
- The New York Post – Partner Todd Nahins is quoted in the article ” Landlords planning more evictions after Airbnb ruling.”
February 21, 2015
- The Real Deal – Senior partner Todd Nahins is quoted in the article ” Judge evicts rent-stabilized Airbnb host in landmark decision“.
February 20, 2015
- The New York Post – In the case “42nd & 10th Associates LLC V. Henry Ikezi”, tried and won by Partner Jeffrey Seiden, NYC’s Judge Stoller ruled Airbnb violation as non-curable for the first time in a landmark decision. Partner Todd Nahins is quoted – https://lnkd.in/da3y8QJ. The article also prompted a major editorial in The Post, ” Airbnb Strikes Again“.
February 20, 2015
- New York Apartment Law Insider – Partner Lawrence Goldstein’s article “ How to Get Surveillance Footage Admitted into Evidence” is featured.
February 6, 2015
- The New York Law Journal – Brian D. Graifman was quoted in, ” Commercial Division Takes Strong Stance Favoring Sanctions for ‘Dilatory Tactics” (access available to NYLJ subscribers)
January 9, 2015
- Landlord v. Tenant – Mentions Borah Goldstein in connection with 4 cases where our firm successfully represented owners. Decisions were included from Paul Gruber (FM United LLC v. Wollin, p.11), Todd Nahins (FM United LLC v. Wollin, p. 13), David Cabrera (Schwartz v. DHCR, p. 15) and Steven Cohen (Hidalgo: DHCR Admin., p. 19).
- Commercial Litigation Insider – ” Commercial Division Takes Strong Stance Favoring Sanctions for ‘Dilatory Tactics,” quotes Counsel Brian D. Graifman in The Firm’s Supreme Litigation Division.
January 7, 2015
- HabitatMag.com – Features Partner Eric M. Goidel in ” A Board Learns Why It Should Oversee Its Managing Agent“.
November 17, 2014
- The Cooperator – Partner Eric M. Goidel is quoted extensively in the article ” Managing Commercial Tenants“.
November 10, 2014
- The Cooperator – Partner Eric M. Goidel is quoted extensively in the article ” Property Management Contracts“. November 10, 2014
- Real Estate Weekly – Features press release announcing the Firm’s hiring of our four new attorneys.
October 16, 2014
- New York Law Journal – Features ” Panic over ‘Branic’? Shelter Occupant Entitled to Rent-Stabilized Lease,” written by Senior Partner David Rosenbaum and Counsel Brian Graifman.
October 10, 2014
- Apartment Law Insider – Partner Jeffrey H. Seiden’s article, ” Complying with the D.A.’s Narcotics Eviction Program,” was featured in “Contributor’s Corner” and follows Mr. Seiden’s recent notable decision.
October 3, 2014
- The New York Real Estate Journal – Features press release announcing Borah Goldstein’s pro bono project. Firm Partners Darren M. Marks and Robert D. Goldstein are quoted.
September 23, 2014
- Landlord v. Tenant – Partner Paul N. Gruber’s recent case is highlighted in, ” Nephew Didn’t Prove Financial Ties“. See original decision here.
- New York Law Journal – Partner Darren R. Marks is quoted on founding of Pro Bono legal clinic in, ” Firm Starts Legal Clinic at City Food Pantry.”
August 22, 2014
- Firm issued Press Release – ” Borah Goldstein Announces Founding of Community Based Pro Bono Clinic“.
August 20, 2014
- Article – Loft Law Notes BUILDING REGISTRATIONS, by David Brody
- The New York Times – Partner Todd I. Nahins is quoted in, ” Fighting a No-Pets Eviction With Doctors’ Notes and a Federal Suit”.
July 28, 2014
- The Brooklyn Daily Eagle – Senior Partner David R. Brody and Associate Jason Frosch representing defendant, featured in ” Sketches of Court” series.
July 21, 2014
- The Real Deal – Senior Partner Robert Goldstein is quoted in the article ” Kushner’s most aggressive moves yet on the Lower East Side” , July 8, 2014
- New York Law Journal – Todd I. Nahins is quoted in, ” Judge Imposes Sanctions for ‘Pattern of Misconduct“.
July 7, 2014
- Apartment Law Insider – Q&A with Paul N.Gruber in, ” Deciding Whether to Try or Settle a Non-Payment Case.” Access to full article currently accessible only to subscribers of Apartment Law Insider.
- Apartment Law Insider – Todd I. Nahins was featured in “Contributor’s Corner”. Todd wrote a piece about “Dealing with Delays in Housing Court” ( click here to access the link).
April 4, 2014
- Article – ” Preventing Fraud in Affordable Housing” by Jeffrey H. Seiden.
- Apartment Law Insider – Todd I. Nahins was featured in “Contributor’s Corner”. Todd wrote an article about “Avoiding HPD Fines During Extreme Cold” ( Click here to view PDF of article).
January 9, 2014
- Article – Loft Law Notes FREIGHT ELEVATORS IN LOFT BUILDINGS, by David R. Brody
- RSA Reporter – Carlos Perez-Hall is featured in the In the Courts Question and Answer Section, ” Ask the Administrator“.
- Article – Loft Law Notes MARCH 14, 2014 SUNSET DATE, by David R. Brody
- New York Real Estate Journal – “ Question of the Month: What are the benefits of utilizing the enforcement of court orders for condo board receivers?” written by Jeffrey L. Nogee. ( Click here for the article)
October 29, 2013
- New York Real Estate Journal – “ Interim Relief for Condominium Boards” written by Jeffrey L. Nogee. ( Click here for the article)
October 8, 2013
- Habitatmag.com – “Flip Tax Do-Over”, Eric M. Goidel participated in a panel on flip tax issues.
August 7, 2013
- Habitatmag.com – “Renovation Credit: An Innovative Solution to Make Floor Pricing Fairer”, Eric M. Goidel is quoted in article that addresses the controversy over floor pricing.
February 28, 2013
- Habitatmag.com – “Weighing the Competition,” Eric M. Goidel is quoted.
- Habitatmag.com – “Forbidden Pets” in the Habitat Magazine Annual Attorney Survey. Eric M. Goidel is quoted.
- RSA Reporter – Carlos Perez-Hall is featured in the In the Courts Question and Answer Section, “Ask the Administrator”.
- Habitatmag.com – Eric M. Goidel participated in a panel on shareholders and corporations – what information should be shared and what should be kept private, “Need to Know”.
August 8, 2012
- New York Post – ” W’burg has art attack – Hipsters facing boot“, David R. Brody is quoted.
April 17, 2012
- The Local East Village – ” East 10th Landmarked, But Not Before Controversial Renovation Is Approved“.
January 17, 2012
- Habitatmag.com – “Evicting A Shareholder without ‘Pullman'” in the Habitat Magazine Annual Attorney Survey. Eric M. Goidel is quoted.
- Habitat.com – ” NYC’s Ten Worst Tenants“, David R. Brody is quoted.
March 9, 2011
- Habitat.com – Eric M. Goidel is quoted on Board Talk, an online discussion forum, “Condo: Any Recourse for No Heat?”
- The Real Deal – Borah Goldstein ties at #15 on list of Top 20 law firms with the biggest NYC real estate practices, April 2010
- Habitat.com – “Legal Lessons: Capital Work,” Eric M. Goidel is quoted.
- New England Real Estate Journal – ” Underpinning under the new building code“, written by Craig Notte.
September 22, 2009
- New York Real Estate Journal – “ State and federal governments seek to embrace alternatives to fossil fuels,” written by Jeffrey L. Nogee. ( Click here for the PDF).
February 24, 2009
- Nassau Lawyer – “Property assessment inventories now accessible through FOIL.”
- Habitat Magazine – Eric M. Goidel is quoted in, “Smoke Gets In Your Eyes”.
- Habitat Magazine – Eric M. Goidel is quoted in, “Can We Rent Our Roof?”
- Habitat Magazine – Eric M. Goidel is quoted in, “Hollywood on the Hudson”.
- Habitat Magazine – Eric M. Goidel is quoted in, “Call Me”.
- NYARM – ” Recent Developments Regarding Roommates in Rent Stabilized Apartments,” written by Stephen C. Shulman.
- NYARM – ” NYARM Members Have Heart,” features Stephen C. Shulman.
- NYARM – ” Collecting Your Money After the Eviction,” by Stephen C. Shulman.
- NYARM – ” Buildings New York Trade Show Seminar Summary,” features Stephen C. Shulman.
- NYARM – ” Building Owner Granted Reprieve on Pet Holdover Proceeding,” by Stephen C. Shulman.
- NYARM – ” Legal Corner Accepting Rent During A Summary Proceeding,” by Stephen C. Shulman.
- NYARM – ” Recent Trends in Landlord/Tenant Law,” by Stephen C. Shulman.
- December 6, 2016 – The New York Association of Realty Management Expo, Senior Partner David Rosenbaum addressed how to avoid commercial lease pitfalls, Lester Figueroa gave advice for strategies for successfully prosecuting an L & T case, Eileen O’Toole spoke on DHCR updates and Jonathan Schreier on Settling L&T cases and drafting settlement agreements.
- November 11, 2016 – Partner David R. Cabrera, along with Mr. Joseph Condon, Esq. of Community Housing Improvement Program, presented internally on updates regarding the Altman Decision.
- November 2, 2016 – Partners David R. Cabrera and Eileen O’Toole presented at a New York County Lawyer’s Association seminar titled “Compliance and Beyond: Current Legal, Regulatory, and Practical Issues for Multifamily Properties”.
- September 29, 2016 – Borah Goldstein was proud to continue its support of the Puerto Rican Bar Association by sponsoring the 2016 Anniversary Scholarship Fund Gala Banquet.
- September 29, 2016 – The firm exhibited at the NYC Real Estate Expo in midtown. Partners David Cabrera, Jeffrey Seiden and Christian Hylton also presented on industry updates to an audience of landlords, property managers and owners, in a private workshop.
- September 9, 2016 – The firm welcomed Virginia Trunkes, Partner and Counsel Patricia Feldman, of Counsel.
- August 8, 2016 – The firm sponsored the lunch session at the Real Deal Golf Outing. Partner Darren Marks hosted a foursome.
- July 19, 2016 – “Dealing with Illegal Short-Term Rentals: What New York City Property Managers Need to Know”, partners Todd I. Nahins and Craig M. Notte presented on issues related to Airbnb and illegal hoteling at a luncheon event hosted by Apartment Law Insider. See highlights: Short-Term Rental Laws in NYC: In Brief; Lease Riders: Forbidding Short-Term Rentals; To catch an Illegal Subletter; Practical Tips: Stay on Top of Illegal Short-Term Rental
- June 8, 2016 – Partner David B. Cabrera presented on DHCR updates to Small Property Owners Association.
- June 2, 2016 – Borah Goldstein participated in the Supportive Housing Network Conference on Thursday. Partners Carlos Perez-Hall, Jeffrey Seiden are pictured at the firm’s exhibit.
- June 1, 2016 – Team Borah Goldstein completed the J. P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Race in Central Park.
- April 13, 2016 – Eric Goidel, senior partner and head of the firm’s coop & condo division, exhibited at The Cooperator Expo New York. Senior associate Michael Nerenberg addressed questions in an “Ask The Attorney” Q&A session.
- February 17, 2016 – Partner Lester Figueroa was invited to participate in a discussion on Police-Community Relations and trust building programs being implemented, at NYPD Headquarters.
- February 11, 2016 – Associate Evan Nahins moderated a panel at the New York City Lawyer’s Association entitled “Should I Host that Traveler? Understanding the Legal Issues Surrounding AirBnB”. Senior Partner Todd Nahins was a panelist.
- November 16, 2015 – Several Firm partners attended the 20th Annual Real Estate Council.
- November 16, 2015 -Benefit at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, which honored Adam Rose and Amy Rose of Rose Associates.
- November 10, 2015 – Senior Partner Harriet Polinsky participated on the panel “Women at the Tops of Industries” , at the NY Real Estate Expo.
- October 29, 2015 – Partner Jeffrey H. Seiden presented on Landlord-Tenant issues at The NYARM Expo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zy6F0bgy2Q&feature=youtu.be&t=1s
- October 20, 2015 – Partners Todd I. Nahins and Craig M. Notte presented on legal developments regarding AirBnB and short term rentals at Berdon, LLP. The event was co-sponsored by Signature Bank and ClickPay.
- September 10, 2015 – Partner David Cabrera presented “Rent Act 2015: A Summary of Changes” at the Multi Family Summit and “High Rent Deregulation Under the Rent Act of 2015” at a CHIP seminar.
- September 9, 2015 – The firm hosted a Landlord-Tennant workshop at the 7th Annual Multi Family Summit on Sept. 9th. Senior Partner Stephen Shulman moderated the panel. He joined by partner Jeffrey Seiden who presented on AIrbnb issues in NYC and David Cabrera, who addressed DHCR.
- August 11, 2015 – The firm was a sponsor at the Real Deal Golf Outing in Baiting Hollow, LI. Partner Darren Marks hosted a foursome.
- August 9, 2015 – Borah Goldstein was pleased to help support The Lung Cancer Research Foundation as a sponsor at the The Strides for Life Walk on South Hampton, LI.
- June 25, 2015 – Managing Partner Robert Goldstein was co-chair of the NYCLA Civil Practice Section Annual Dinner.
- July 13, 2015 – Partner Darren Marks presented a CLE class to the Civil Court of The City of New York – Association of Arbitrators, Inc. See the slides here.
- June 3, 2015 – The firm participated in the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge in Central Park. Pictured is Team Borah Goldstein.
- May 13, 2015 – Borah Goldstein was proud to sponsor the Puerto Rican Bar Association’s Annual Scholarship Fund and celebrate the honorees and scholarship recipients at The PRBA Annual Gala. Pictured left to right are firm partners David Rosenbaum, Managing Partner Robert Goldstein, Carlos Perez Hall (President of the PRBA), Todd Nahins, David Cabrera and Stephen Shulman.
- May 6, 2015 – Senior Partner David R. Rosenbaum will present on Litigating Yellowstone Actions at the New York State Bar Association’s RPLS Landlord and Tenant Committee. The event will take place on May 6th at 6pm and 2 CLE credits will be awarded.
- April 21, 2015 – Eric Goidel represented Borah Goldstein and its subsidiary Director Protector at our exhibit at The Cooperator’s Co-op, Condo & Apartment Expo.
- April 17, 2015 – The firm participated in the New York County Lawyers Association Law Day Luncheon at Cipriani Wall Street. Brian D. Graifman, of our Supreme Court Litigation Division, is Co-Chair of the NYCLA Committee on the state Supreme Court, and was the Luncheon’s Co-Chair.
- April 3, 2015 – The firm is pleased to welcome Glenn Berezanskiy, who will practice in our Supreme Court Litigation division.
- April 1, 2015 – Partner Paul N. Gruber was selected to be the new Co-Chair of the New York State Bar Real Property Law Section Committee on Landlord & Tenant proceedings.
- March 9, 2015 – Senior Partner Eric M. Goidel spoke on the topic of Ethical Considerations Regarding Cooperatives/Condominiums at the New York City Bar CLE Program on Ethical Issues in the Practice of Real Estate.
- March 19, 2015 – The firm was proud to support The LGBT Bar Association Foundation of Greater New York, as sponsors of LeGaL’s 2015 Annual Dinner and Community Vision Awards.
- February 27, 2015 – The firm is pleased to announce that Anna Guiliano has been promoted to Partner in the Firm’s Supreme Court Litigation Division.
- February 25, 2015 – Borah Goldstein Partners participated in The Real Estate Weekly Women’s Forum.
- January 29, 2015 – Senior Parter Todd I. Nahins presented at Real Property Law Section Landlord and Tenant Proceedings CLE Committee Meeting for the NYSBA Annual Meeting.
- January 15, 2015 – Attorneys from Borah Goldstein participated in REBNY’s 119th Annual Banquet
- November 12, 2014 – Managing Partner Robert D. Goldstein was selected to Moderate the Landlord/Tenant panel at the Massey Knakal Multifamily Operations Academy.
- September 29-30th, 2014 – The Firm was a sponsor of the “The 4th Annual Real Estate General Counsels Forum” . Partner Eileen O’Toole was a panelist and spoke on the topic “Anticipating Obligations in Purchases & Sales”.
- September 19, 2014 – Firm Partner Craig M. Notte was elected to the Advisory Council of The New York Landmarks Conservancy.
- September 18, 2014 – Partner Paul N. Gruber spoke at The New York State Bar Association Real Property Law Section-Landlord and Tenant Proceedings and Committee. Mr. Gruber presented on the topic “Recent Developments in Landlord and Tenant Law; Cases and Statutory Commentary”.
- September 17, 2014 – Partner Christian B. Hylton, head of firm’s Zoning & Land Use Practice was a presenter at the NYARM event. The topic was Landmark District Designations.
- September 7, 2014 -The firm welcomes Samuel P. Sroka as an Associate in our Tax Certiori Division.
- September 9. 2014 – Partner David B. Cabrera, co-head of firm’s DHCR area, was a speaker at the CHIPS MCI seminar “Preventing Problems before they Arise”. He presented on the topic of “Addressing Post-application Issues”.
- August 20, 2014 – The firm is proud to announce its founding of a community based Pro Bono clinic. Partner Darren R. Marks has organized the program in conjunction with Trinity’s Services and Food for the Homeless (S.A.F.H.).
- August 19, 201 4 – Partner J. Lester Figueroa recently served as event Host, as high profile leaders from academia, media, the arts and business world. gathered for The Global Leadership Summit. “WHEN A LEADER GETS BETTER, EVERYONE WINS.” http://lnkd.in/dfyY7Pv
- August 14, 2014 – The firm welcomes Kathleen Kelliher as assistant in our Supreme Court Litigation Division .
- August 4, 2014 – The firm was a sponsor at The Real Deal’s 4th Annual Golf Outing . Partner Darren Marks hosted clients. (see photo, right)
- June 2014 – Congratulations to Carlos Perez-Hall, a partner in the Firm’s Landlord/Tenant division, on his recent installation as President of the Puerto Rican Bar Association. Meet the Affinity Bar Group Presidents.
- June, 2014 – The firm is pleased to welcome Christian B. Hylton as Partner and head of the firm’s Land Use and Zoning practice. Mr. Hylton was a Legislative Attorney and Director and Legal Counsel to the New York City Council, including General Counsel to its Zoning and Land Use Committee.
- June, 2014 – The firm welcomes Brian Graifman as Counsel. Mr Graifman joins the Supreme Court Litigation Division, handling all actions and matters in law and equity affecting real property and landlord/tenant disputes.
- Wednesday June 4 and Thursday June 5, 2014 – Our company participated in the 2014 Chase Corporate Challenge (see photo, right).
- April 24, 201 4 – Stephen C. Schulman was a speaker at the NYARM seminar ” Warranty of Habitability Related to Gas Shutdowns” (YouTube clip)
- Wednesday, January 29, 2014 – David B. Cabrera was a speaker at the New York Affordable Housing Management Association. David presented on the new Rent Stabilization Code Amendments.
- Wednesday, December 11, 2013 – David B. Cabrera was a panelist in the Rent Stabilization Association seminar, “Managing Residential Housing: Effective Techniques to Sustain Rent Increases for Improvements.” David presented on “Major Capital Improvements: The New J-51 Regulations.”
- Tuesday, November 26, 2013 – Craig A. Kraus participated in a benefit for the survivors of Typhoon Haiyan. Craig donated time and services as part of an auction.
- Wednesday, November 13, 2013 – Darren R. Marks participated in a panel for the New York County Lawyers’ Association. The program, ” So You’re Interested in a Career in Politics: Opportunities and Ethical Considerations for Lawyers”, provided CLE credits for attorneys.
- Friday, October 4, 2013 – Lester J. Figueroa was invited to be the keynote speaker and a panelist for the Hispanic Month Celebration of the NYC Administration for Child Services (ACS), in Staten Island at the field office.
- Friday, September 20, 2013 – Todd I. Nahins participated as a Co-Chair at the New York County Lawyers’ Association, Jack Newton Lerner Landlord-Tenant Practice Institute