- Residential Non-Payment Proceedings
- Residential Holdover Proceedings
- Commercial Holdover and Non-Payment Proceedings
Mr. Perez-Hall represents a range of landlords in both residential and commercial proceedings. His practice includes representing properties that are subject to various regulations, including but not limited to the rent stabilization code, the rent control law, low income tax developments, supportive housing programs, Mitchell-Lama cooperatives, Housing Development Finance Corporations, free market cooperatives, SRO's, unregulated properties, and properties affected by the section 8 subsidy program as well as properties that receive various other specialized subsidy programs.
He often defends landlords against lawsuits and code infractions issued by various administrative agencies in New York State such as the Department of Housing Preservation and Development, the Department of Housing and Community Renewal, and the Department of Buildings.
Mr. Perez-Hall is a past President of the Puerto Rican Bar Association and served as the Chair of the Judiciary Committee for the Puerto Rican Bar Association from 2011-2017. Mr. Perez-Hall is also member of the New York City Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, the Bronx Bar Association, and the Puerto Rican Bar Association. He currently serves as member of the Judiciary Committees for the Bronx Bar Association and the Puerto Rican Bar Association. As a member of the NY State Bar Association, Mr. Perez-Hall serves as the 12th District (Bronx) Representative for the Executive Board of the Real Property Law Section.
Mr. Perez-Hall is currently serving his second term as a member of the Housing Advisory Council of the Civil Court of New York. This council is responsible for screening candidates who seek to be appointed as Housing Court Judges as well as screening sitting Housing Court Judges who seek re-appointment to the bench.
Mr. Perez-Hall has created and presented three County Wide Judicial Seminar Lectures for all Housing Court Judges in New York City regarding the following topics:
-Use and Occupancy/ RPAPL (745): A Landlord's right to use and occupancy (2018)
-Post Evictions and Illegal Lockout Proceedings (2018)
-Everything you need to know about the Housing Stability and Tenant Protection Act of 2019. (September 2019)
Mr. Perez-Hall obtained his B.A. from Emory University and his J.D. from Cardozo School of Law.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2003
- Emory University
- B.A. - 2000
- New York, 2004
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2004
- “Ask the Administrator”, November 2013, RSA Reporter
- “Ask the Administrator”, September 2012, RSA Reporter
- Bronx Bar Association
- Housing Advisory Council of the Civil Court of New York
- New York County Lawyers' Association
- New York State Conference of Bar Leaders
- New York Trial Lawyers Association
- Puerto Rican Bar Association, President Elect
Current Employment Position