Real Property Issues.
Real World Solutions.
Stephen C. Shulman
- Residential Holdover Proceedings
- Residential Non-Payment Proceedings
- Commercial Non-Payment & Holdover Proceedings
Stephen C. Shulman is a Senior Partner of the Firm. He is one of the most experienced attorneys in the Firm, practicing in the Landlord/Tenant part of the Civil Court of New York City and the District Courts of Nassau and Suffolk County. His cases concern a wide variety of complex issues, including rent overcharges, demolitions, non-primary residence, succession, nuisance and illegal alterations. He also handled several large rent strikes.
Mr. Shulman has written articles for various real estate publications. He has lectured before trade organizations and at CLE classes. He has appeared as a guest on the Legal Cafe' show on Court T.V. and has served as an Adjunct Professor at the Syms School of Business at Yeshiva University.
In his spare time, Mr. Shulman is a coach and triathlete, raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Team in Training Program.
- ABM 75 Realty LLC v. Baris - this case, tried and won by Mr. Shulman, was digested in the July 2015 edition of Landlord v. Tenant. It was titled "Landlord Didn't Waive Right to Collect MCI Rent Hike".
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Central Islip, New York
- J.D. - 1986
- State University of New York, Binghamton, New York
- B.A. - 1982
- New York, 1987
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1995
- ” Recovery of Possession: Factors affecting landlords when a tenant passes”, New York Real Estate Journal, October 28, 2015
- “ Recent Developments Regarding Roommates in Rent Stabilized Apartments”, NYARM, April 2001
- “ NYARM Members Have Heart”, NYARM, March 2001
- “ Collecting Your Money After the Eviction”, NYARM, January 2001
- “ Buildings New York Trade Show Seminar Summary”, NYARM, September 2000
- “ Building Owner Granted Reprieve on Pet Holdover Proceeding”, NYARM, April 2000
- “ Legal Corner Accepting Rent During A Summary Proceeding”, NYARM, April 1999
- “ Recent Trends in Landlord/Tenant Law”, NYARM, February 1999
- New York State Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Senior Partner
Classes & Seminars
- The 7th Annual Multi Family Summit – Moderator of Borah Goldstein Workshop on “Rent Regulations and Short-Term Rentals in a Tenant Friendly City” , September 9th, 2015.
- NYARM Seminar – “Gas Safety & Legal Issues”, May 14, 2015
- NYARM Seminar – ” Warranty of Habitability Related to Gas Shutdowns“, April 5, 2014
- Syms School of Business at Yeshiva University, Adjunct Professor