The Firm’s Administrative Division covers a range of regulatory matters before several administrative agencies. Our core practice in this area is the representation of property owners before the New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal (“DHCR”), the agency responsible for implementing the laws and regulations that govern rent controlled and rent stabilized tenancies. In this area, the Firm’s services include:
- Prosecution of Luxury Decontrol Proceedings
- Applications for MCI/MBR/J-51 Increases
- Demolition and/or Substantial Rehabilitation Applications
- Rent Registration and Defense of Rent Registration Disputes
- Defense of Rent Overcharges Complaints
- Defense of Fair Market Rent Appeals
- Mitchell-Lama Section 8 proceedings
- Defense of Tenant initiated complaints regarding reduction of services and harassment
This Division also prosecutes and responds to administrative appeals, as well as Article 78 proceedings before the Supreme Court.
For information about the Administrative Division as it pertains to matters before the New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal, please contact:
For a summary of the Rent Stabilization Code Amendments, please click here.
The Administrative Division has broad and extensive experience defending landlords in HP Proceedings against the Department of Housing Preservation and Development violations and tenant complaints. Some of the services offered include:
- Obtaining certificates of evictions
- Obtaining certificates of No Harassment from HPD
City Code Violations
Our administrative practice extends to other pertinent areas which affect property ownership and management. We are well versed in defending code violations issued by the Department of Buildings, the Department of Sanitation, the Department of Environment Protection and the New York City Fire Department. In this regard, we regularly appear on behalf of our clients before the Environmental Control Board and the New York City Criminal Court.
For more information regarding code violations defense please contact:
In addition, the Firm defends tenant initiated or building employee initiated disability complaints or discrimination complaints based upon racial and/or ethnic and/or sexual orientation before the following agencies and courts:
- New York City Commission on Human Rights
- New York State Division of Human Rights
- United States Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Federal District Court
- New York State Supreme Court
For more information regarding the defense of these complaints, please contact:
The firm is extensively involved in all matters relating to lofts. This is separately covered in the Loft Law section.