1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Landlord/Tenant Proceedings
  4.  » Residential and Commercial Nonpayment Proceedings

Representation of Owners In Nonpayment Proceedings

The representation of property owners in commercial and residential nonpayment rent proceedings is a hallmark of Borah, Goldstein, Altschuler, Nahins & Goidel, P.C. Many of our attorneys concentrate on this practice area. We represent owners of properties in all five boroughs of New York, and in Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester counties.

What Is A Nonpayment Proceeding?

A nonpayment proceeding is a statutory proceeding that can only be commenced in Housing Court. When a tenant or another occupant of a property has not paid the rent that is due, an owner, roommate, primary tenant, or another party who holds the lease may begin nonpayment proceedings in order to recover the money that is owed.

The Process

We will prepare your nonpayment petition based upon your specific situation and help you move through the process as smoothly as possible. In addition to preparing rent demands, notices of petitions and petitions, your summary proceeding will be expertly handled, including assessing the strength and weakness of the tenant’s defenses and counterclaims.

Our goal is to expeditiously resolve your case by trial or settlement. We will monitor the proceeding and oversee enforcement of all court-ordered stipulations, and judgments.

Learn More During A Consultation With Us

If one of your tenants who is not meeting their obligations to pay rent , we invite you to reach out to us today by calling 855-720-2776 or by sending us an email to arrange your consultation with a member of our team. Borah Goldstein has extensive experience inside and outside of the courtroom in resolving landlord-tenant disputes.