Andrew I. Bart
- Supreme Court
- Appellate Litigation
- Employment Law
Andrew I. Bart, Esq. is experienced in all aspects of real estate, civil and commercial litigation from New York City Civil Court proceedings to appeals to the U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit. Mr. Bart has successfully handled all facets of real estate litigation, including breach of contract actions, co-op and condominium issues, and landlord-tenant disputes. He is able to assist businesses in matters involving lease disputes, construction, and architectural issues due to his previous association with one of the premier New York City real estate law firms. Mr. Bart's background in employment law and labor relations has enabled him to have excellent communication with his clients and has made him keenly proficient in conflict management and problem solving, which allows him to successfully approach a client's case with commitment.
He is often called upon to contribute to Habitat magazine and to the New York Apartment Law Insider. He has answered reader questions in the Ask Real Estate Column of The New York Times and has been quoted in The Real Deal. His articles have been published in Museum/AAM magazine, Provider magazine, in New York State Bar Association publications, including the EASL Journal and the Labor and Employment Journal. He is a sought-after speaker and is next scheduled to conduct an employment law seminar at the American Alliance of Museums' Annual Meeting virtual meeting in 2021.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1994
- Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University
- B.S.J. - 1991
- New York, 1995
- New Jersey, 2016
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2016
- New York City Bar Association; Member, Real Property Law Committee; Member, Litigation Subcommittee
- New York State Bar Association; Member, Real Property Law Section
- Prior member: Community Board #2 Land Use Committee, Brooklyn
Current Employment Position
Classes & Seminars
- November 2017: Andrew I Bart presented on the topic “Employment Law Compliance: What Landlords Need to Know”. This CLE event was hosted by New York County Lawyers Association and cosponsored by Community Housing Improvement Program
- February 2017: Conducted a version of the Works for Hire seminar for the Small Museum Association’s Annual Conference in College Park, MD.