Carlos Perez-Hall is a partner in the Firm’s Landlord/Tenant Division, and is responsible for the Firm’s litigation practice in Bronx County and those proceedings that fall under the Harlem Community Justice Center’s jurisdiction. He appears regularly in Housing Court in the Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn and Harlem.
Mr. Perez-Hall has represents a range of landlords, large and small, in both residential and commercial proceedings. His practice includes representing properties that are subject to various regulations, including but not limited to the rent stabilization code, the rent control law, low income tax developments, supportive housing programs, Mitchell-lama cooperatives, Housing Development Finance Corporations, free market cooperatives, SRO’s, unregulated properties, and properties affected by the section 8 subsidy program as well as properties that receive various other specialized subsidy programs.
He often defends landlords against lawsuits and code infractions issued by various administrative agencies in New York State such as the Department of Housing Preservation and Development, the Department of Housing and Community Renewal, and the Department of Buildings.
Mr. Perez-Hall is a past President of the Puerto Rican Bar Association and served as the Chair of the Judiciary Committee for the Puerto Rican Bar Association from 2011-2017.
Mr. Perez-Hall also has served as a member of the Housing Advisory Council of the Civil Court of New York. This council is responsible for screening candidates who seek to be appointed as Housing Court Judges as well as screening sitting Housing Court Judges seeking re-appointment to the bench.
Mr. Perez-Hall is a member of the New York City Bar Association, the Bronx Bar Association, and the Puerto Rican Bar Association where he serves as a member of their respective Judiciary Committees.
- Residential Non-Payment Proceedings
- Residential Holdover Proceedings
- Commercial Holdover and Non-Payment Proceedings
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D. – 2003
- Emory University, B.A. – 2000
- New York – 2004
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District – 2004
- U.S. District Court, Southern District – 2004
- Bronx Bar Association
- Housing Advisory Council of the Civil Court of New York
- New York County Lawyers’ Association
- New York State Conference of Bar Leaders
- New York Trial Lawyers Association
- Puerto Rican Bar Association (President Elect)
- “Ask the Administrator”, November 2013, RSA Reporter
- “Ask the Administrator”, September 2012, RSA Reporter